Makar Sankranti Special “Chai” Recipes
As the zodiac sign Capricorn (makara) marks the Sun’s transition on the celestial path, after which zodiac gets its first change and the beginning of Magha month. Every year, Makar Sankranti is celebrated on 14th January. It is a big celebration for Hindu and all the Hindus around the world celebrate this day with fun, frolic and food.
Indians love to have grand celebration for every festival and food and drinks are inseparable from the festivals. Beverage like Tea or Chai is a special drink that binds all the members of a home. A cup of tea has tremendous magic whether it is chilly winter, hot summer or monsoon fun. Therefore, Tea Duniya brings you some special chai recipes to celebrate Makar Sankranti not just with delicious food plates, but also with “Garma garam Chai” (hot cup of special tea)
1. Masala Milk Tea
Spice mix tea is very hard to resist and the aroma of masala chai during winters make you have more cups.
Ingredients for Spice Mix:
- Green cardamom- 20-24
- Black peppers- 20
- Anis seeds- 1 Tbsp
- Ginger powder- ½ Tbsp
- Cinnamon powder- ¼ tbsp
Ingredients for Tea
- Water- 1to ½ cups
- Milk- ½
- Tea leaves of Assam Ctc Or leaf tea– 2 tbsp
- Sugar as per taste
- Spice Mix for tea- ½ tbsp
- Mix all the spices and then grind to make the powder
- Boil milk and water with ½ tbsp spice mix. When the water completely boils, simmer the heat and add tea leaves and the sugar. Take a spoon and mix well and then cover the pan with lid for 3 minutes.
- Strain and pour the prepared tea. Serve with special makar sankranti snacks and do send us your favorite recipes which we will post on our website.
We all need to take good care of our health and winter is no exception. If you start a morning with a cup of flavored green tea, it will keep you energize and warm for the entire day. Let’s check the recipe of a perfect cup of Green Tea.
2. Lemony Green Tea
Ingredients for Green Tea
- Water- 1to ½ cups
- Tea Bag- 1
- Heat the water to boil
- Take a cup and place the tea bag of Lemon Splash Green Tea
- Pour the hot water into the cup
- Cover the cup for 5 minutes
- Stir the liquid to taste the lemon flavor and refresh your mind and soul
Happy Makar Sankranti in advance! Enjoy the day with great food, family and do not forget to sip in the flavored tea to rejuvenate your winter mood.